Sunday, November 23, 2014

Special Hardware

            We've learned about different pieces of technology that are integrated into classrooms across the nation. One of the one’s I find myself so fascinated with is the Smart Board. This piece of hardware is a white board that is interactive. It recognizes touch commands and has its own markers to write with. You can connect a computer to it and then use the markers to highlight important parts of a text that you are displaying. The students can also join in. This piece of equipment incorporates the various learning styles. Tactile learners will get a hands on approach while visual learners will feel right at home with the image being displayed.

            Overall, the Smart Board keeps a student’s attention and enhances the learning. I had a teacher in high school who had one. We used to look up articles and highlight important material. It enhanced the learning. I would use a Smart Board in my classroom too. Presentations would be much more interactive and the students would feel more engaged. I want to entice my students to come up the board and the Smart Board does just that. I believe that if you make education look enticing and interesting the learning will flow more easily. 





1 comment:

  1. The educational benefits of using SMART boards in the classroom are so great! SMART boards are motivating and interactive. Both teachers and students love them!

    ReplyDelete